I painted this one green, then went over it in gold. I was originally going to decorate it like a tree, but it turns out puzzle pieces aren't exactly shaped like a tree. So I just glued buttons all over it. My ribbon was really wide, so I folded it in half and glued it folded, but the part that will hang on the tree is still wide. I used the glue that's in the yellow-capped bottle (it's from Japan--I got it at the ¥100 store two years ago). We'll see if the buttons hold. If they don't, I'll use hot glue.
My son's, #1
He did a good job painting it orange. He had so many ideas he wanted to use them all (hm, wonder where he gets that from?!), so I had to convince him the ornaments would look better if they weren't so cluttered. He saw me paint with the gold, so he wanted gold dots on this one. He originally chose the blue ribbon to go with this piece, but I knew if he noticed it later I would never hear the end of it, so I asked him if he was sure, "Orange and blue, like for Auburn?" He immediately changed his mind and picked silver instead.
My son's, #2
He painted this one hot pink. Don't ask me why. When he saw me gluing buttons on my green one, he decided he needed buttons, also. The green stars in the middle (I just noticed are upside-down) are supposed to form a big star. (The one at the bottom is supposed to be the top point.) I accidentally glued the ribbon on the wrong end. Oops.
My son's, #3
This is his made from the paint chip. The ribbon color matches perfectly. He has one seed bead at the top and bottom and this button that I've had for as long as I can remember and I on purpose have never used. At least now I won't have to keep wondering why I still have this button in my stash!